- The writing is heavy-handed in terms of foreshadowing.
- Speech tags are repetitive and unnecessary. If a character speaks, I don’t need to be told afterwards that they spoke. It’s obvious not only because what was said was in quotations, but because the corresponding character is on screen.
- A lot of attention is dedicated to spatial details, when it felt unnecessary. You can’t actually control your character’s movement and so it felt like insult to injury to spend so much time consulting maps and charts and discussing routes when it just kind of went over my head.
- Huge amounts of scientific jargon. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing because there’s a glossary included, but the in game explanation seems like it would take up a lot of your very limited time.
- Awkward phrasing typically found in Japanese to English translations. If you’ve watched subbed anime, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
REVIEW CODE: A complimentary Playstation Vita code was provided to Bonus Stage for this review. Please send all review code enquiries to email@example.com.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Bonus Stage.
Something went wrong.