- Maka Spa. Bathing here gives you special buffs that last until exiting the Layer.
- Chodenji. A temple that allows you to manage your demons. The Spirit Scale is used to exchange skills between Astrals. As a scale, you must balance both sides in order to transfer skills. The skills offered as compensation from the demon receiving a new skill are lost. EVILve is evolution of demons. Requires the demon to have reached max level as well as a special item, which can be found while exploring Layers.
- Pandemonium Camera. A camera shop run by a fallen angel. Here you can appraise OOPArts, which are with equipment pieces with additional stat boosts. You can also synthesize weapons and armor to make them stronger.
- Good vs. Evil on a grand scale. Meet Saint Michael, Samael, Cthulhu, Hastur, and other mythological figures. This makes for an interesting, albeit convoluted story.
- Astral Burst meter is a nice way to deal some extra damage.
- Every demon/fallen angel you run into can be captured.
- Layers are thematically different, each with their own gimmicks.
- The game doesn’t thoroughly explain all of its aspects, even when they’re important ones.
- The world is empty, consisting of the same handful of stock characters with generic names and only a few special characters with their own personalities.
- Overflow system can be a hassle. Having damage done to you can set it off, meaning you lose the ability to use it next turn.
REVIEW CODE: A complimentary Playstation 4 code was provided to Bonus Stage for this review. Please send all review code enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Bonus Stage.
Something went wrong.
User Review( votes)