You can complete the story (and I use that word loosely) mode of I Am The Hero in one sitting either solo or in local co op. The Hero has a different colour shirt, but switching to your secondary character can get confusing as they look exactly the same. Unfortunately, defeating the final boss together locks you out of earning the gold trophy for completing the game for some reason. It’s counterintuitive, considering that means you have to go back and defeat the boss yourself if you were attempting a platinum run. The good news is that you won’t break a sweat earning your platinum as it will only take 3~5 hours–my own co op attempt took only three and a half hours even after beating the final boss three times because I couldn’t figure out why the last trophy wouldn’t pop.
- Fast and furious combat.
- An adrenaline pumping soundtrack.
- Different characters and special attacks to unlock.
- Cross buy between Vita and PS4.
- No real replay value.
- A vague, unengaging story.
- Repetitive gameplay. Run to the right of the screen and beat up bad guys.
- Difficult to discern secondary character in co op.
- No pick ups like power ups. Feels like a missed opportunity considering the genre.
REVIEW CODE: A complimentary Playstation 4 code was provided to Bonus Stage for this review. Please send all review code enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Bonus Stage.
Something went wrong.