Smash Hit Plunder (SHP) puts you in the robes of a mage bent on destruction. You play from a first person perspective and are given free reign of a medieval castle and its surroundings, unlocking areas one by one as you smash your way through them and earn riches. Using either your Dualshock 4 controller or two Move controllers (advised), you can interact with objects governed by somewhat realistic physics in a race against the clock during which you’re rewarded points for smashing and plundering.
- Fun premise.
- Different game modes keep things fresh.
- Comfortability settings that should be present in other games.
- Simplistic gameplay has limited appeal.
- Local co op only (and shareplay is a no-go thanks to the way the camera view works)
- Grindy progression.
- Time limit and imprecise gameplay not a good combination. Movement and orientation controls waste precious seconds.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Bonus Stage.
Something went wrong.
Smash Hit Plunder Review
User Review( votes)
Smash Hit Plunder is fun in small doses, but can become grindy when trying to progress. Gameplay could use some improvement as far as precision, making achieving three crowns that much more difficult and adding to the grind.