When you aren’t kicking ass and taking names, the majority of your time in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is spent completing quests and strengthening your bonds with your battle partners. Unfortunately, this system isn’t as rewarding or in-depth as, say, the long standing Persona series’, but the characters make up for that failing. Unique design and fully fleshed out personalities makes these individuals worth getting to know–and you will over the course of this sprawling adventure.
REVIEW CODE: A complimentary Playstation 4 code was provided to Bonus Stage for this review. Please send all review code enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Bonus Stage.
Something went wrong.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Review
Gameplay - 7/10
Graphics - 7/10
Sound - 7/10
Replay Value - 7/10
User Review( votes)
If you’re looking for a solid JRPG experience, Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is a great addition to your collection.
- Upgrades to combat allow for greater strategizing.
- A continuation of the story of class VII.
- Good entry point thanks to an included summation of previous games and characters.
- Likeable cast, though rife with Japanese character tropes.
- Slow to start.
- Dungeons linear.
- Social aspects and strengthening bonds feels secondary.
- Explorable areas limited. Small number of NPCs make world seem empty.