- Maka Spa. Bathing here gives you special buffs that last until exiting the Layer.
- Chodenji. A temple that allows you to manage your demons. The Spirit Scale is used to exchange skills between Astrals. As a scale, you must balance both sides in order to transfer skills. The skills offered as compensation from the demon receiving a new skill are lost. EVILve is evolution of demons. Requires the demon to have reached max level as well as a special item, which can be found while exploring Layers.
- Pandemonium Camera. A camera shop run by a fallen angel. Here you can appraise OOPArts, which are with equipment pieces with additional stat boosts. You can also synthesize weapons and armor to make them stronger.
- Good vs. Evil on a grand scale. Meet Saint Michael, Samael, Cthulhu, Hastur, and other mythological figures. This makes for an interesting, albeit convoluted story.
- Astral Burst meter is a nice way to deal some extra damage.
- Every demon/fallen angel you run into can be captured.
- Layers are thematically different, each with their own gimmicks.
- The game doesn’t thoroughly explain all of its aspects, even when they’re important ones.
- The world is empty, consisting of the same handful of stock characters with generic names and only a few special characters with their own personalities.
- Overflow system can be a hassle. Having damage done to you can set it off, meaning you lose the ability to use it next turn.
REVIEW CODE: A complimentary Playstation 4 code was provided to Bonus Stage for this review. Please send all review code enquiries to email@example.com.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Get the latest game reviews, news, features, and more straight to your inbox
Thank you for subscribing to Bonus Stage.
Something went wrong.
Gameplay - /10
Graphics - /10
Sound - /10
Replay Value - /10
User Review( votes)